- 01/2018 Brooklyn Haus
- 11/2017 People: Lisa Harp
- 2017 Sundance
- 01/2017 ALEXA 65 on LIVE BY NIGHTX
- 09/2016 SULLY captures with ALEXA IMAX
- 06/2016 People: Kelli Bingham
- 03/2016 People: Mike Sippel
- 02/2016 People: Ashley Hill
- 2016 Sundance
- 01/2016 People: Sean Strong
- 12/2015 Christmas Holiday
- 11/2015 Thanksgiving Weekend
- 09/2015 Labor Day Weekend
- 07/2015 Independence day Office Hours
- 05/2015 Memorial Day Weekend Office Hours
- 05/15 ARRI Rental Miami - Committed to Florida
- 03/15 ARRI Rental Restructures its Miami Business
- 03/15 ARRI Rental Atlanta
- 2015 Sundance
- 12/2014 Christmas Holiday Hours
- 12/2014 ALEXA 65 Launch Event
- 11/2014 Thanksgiving Holiday Hours
- 11/03/2014 ARRI Rental Announce New Management
- 10/29/2014 ARRI CSC becomes ARRI Rental
- 09/2014 Labor Day Weekend
- 07/10/14 ARRICSC Expands to Atlanta
- 07/2014 Independence day Office Hours
- 05/22/14 The Americans
- 04/02/14 People: Dana Ross
- 02/14/14 Charlie Tammaro
- 02/12/14 People: Rich Joneleit
- 2014 Sundance
- 2013/2014 Holiday Opening Hours
- 09/2013 Neil Fanthom
- 09/2013 Labor Day Weekend
- 07/2013 Interview: Sabrina Mossberg
- 07/2013 10 years ARRI Rental FL
- 07/2013 Independence day Office Hours
- 06/2013 ARRI/Zeiss Anamorphics
- 06/2013 ALEXA Infrared
- 05/2013 Memorial Day Weekend Office Hours
- 04/30/13 People: April Lanci, Emilio Medina
- Interview: Tracey Landon
- 2013 Sundance
- 2012 Christmas
- 2012/2013 Holiday Opening Hours
- 11/2012 10 Years ARRI Rental FL
- 09/2012 Interview: Gary Guidice
- 07/2012 People: David Lamadrid
- 05/2012 Memorial Day Weekend Office Hours
- 04/2012 Dino Pascarelli
- 2012 Sundance
- 12/2011 Holiday Opening Hours
- 11/2011 People: Chris MacKarell
- 08/2011 Expendables Online Shop
- 07/2011 Foursquare
- 07/2011 Mildred Pierce
- 03/2011 The Godfather Anniversary
- 10/2010 ID Camera Department
- 06/2010 People: Lynn Gustafson
- 04/2010 People: Volker Bahnemann
- 02/2010 Equipment: Weisscam
- 02/2010 Equipment: Sale
8 ALEXAs for Jay Z
Interview with Unit Production Manager Sabrina Mossberg/ Earlier this month, Jay Z showed up at a Manhattan art gallery and performed his Magna Carta Holy Grail track "Picasso Baby" LIVE for hours as gallery-goers streamed in and out to be part of the surprise art installation.
ARRI Rental: What was the most challenging aspect of this shoot?
SM: There are many aspects. Shooting with 7 cameras is a challenge in terms of keeping track of all the equipment and making sure your DP and Director are getting what they need. Keeping all of this together and within the budget, figuring out the workflow, how to get the footage off the cameras while shooting live, downloading, transcoding and a very tight post schedule made it a challenge.
ARRI Rental: You touched on workflow – is that the reason you choose ALEXA?
SM: It was the Director's choice. The shoot was a creation and vision of his. I cannot speak for him, but we wanted HD footage and the ALEXA is most commonly used and easily obtained.
ARRI Rental: Have you done a lot of multi camera shows before?
SM: No, this is my first. I've done two or three camera jobs but never one like this.
ARRI Rental: Were there any hiccups?
SM: There were a lot of hiccups. We lost power during the shoot and there were other hiccups but nothing pertaining the cameras. Everything from that perspective went smoothly and - knock on wood - we didn't have any major missing pieces, no failures and we didn't touch the backup body. We had a giant, solid camera crew on board which saved us.
ARRI Rental: Was the project personally interesting from an aesthetic point of view? Six hours live with Jay-Z sounds great!
SM: In the bigger picture I'm definitely excited and proud to be a part of this. I've seen footage and it all looks really moving. It is more art than it is propaganda, which I think is really cool, different and interesting.
ARRI Rental: Were you happy with ARRI Rental's support?
SM: Yes, I always feel that you guys are really supportive. I've worked with ARRI Rental for years and it was comforting to know that you were backing me up!
For further information, please contact: